Saturday, October 27, 2007

Something concrete

No, not that.

The nurse asked that I call them with an update at the end of the week. I phoned yesterday to let them know the bruise was fading and that the spotting had stopped except for some brown goo.

As a child, I figured I just wouldn't ever take my clothes off in front of anyone, have any of "those" doctor's appointments, or admit to having a menstrual cycle or anything else related to sex. The ease with which I can now leave voicemail messages using phrases like "brown goo" still strikes me as odd, to say the least.

The irony that I am now posting that on the Internet is not lost.

When the nurse returned my call, she gave me some of the most concrete information I've had so far. She said that brown discharge with Crinone is normal if you've had a bleeding episode recently. She also said it doesn't take much blood to make it very brown, that it looks like more blood than it is, and that it is old blood.

There was a pause, and then she said, "I'm glad that bruise went away ... I haven't seen anything like that happen in 10 years here."

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Well that's something to be proud of. I don't think any ol bruise would impress a nurse that much. And I'm glad you got some good info on your spotting and 'goo'