Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Update

We seem to have fallen out of the habit of updating this blog, as our last few weeks have been extremely busy. Rest assured that we are still working on the IVF cycle, and things are about to get properly under way tomorrow with the first ultrasound and corresponding payment in full for the cycle. We should be back to daily Gonal-F shots on Thursday. (Knock on wood.)

So far, the big excitement on this cycle was last week's Depo-Lupron shot. It is much more serious business than the injectables we have been dealing with in previous cycles -- a longer (and thicker, I think) needle, and it goes into muscle rather than fatty tissue. Because we will have to administer shots like this daily later in the cycle, the nurse made me give JF the shot while she monitored things.

Can I just say how scary I found that? I just hope it gets less nerveracking after a few days of doing it every day. Still, it seemed to go fairly well. JF claims it barely hurt, and I think I know how to make it hurt even less next time.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Good luck with them!