Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Okay, that was new....

JF and I went in for the ultrasound check this morning. It's the utterly routine check to make sure everything is looking groovy to start the Gonal-F -- old hat for us by now.

Only this morning, there were two nice sized (11 and 13 mm, I think) follicles sitting there on the ultrasound. The nurse did not seemed unduly fazed by this, but it sure surprised JF and me.

So now we're waiting for the blood work to come back. If it's good, we proceed as planned; if not we wait a week and check again. Apparently the Depo-Lupron should still be in JF's body; it may just take a bit longer to suppress her reproductive system down to the point we can start the process.

Afterward, we paid in full for this round of IVF. There was a bit of a glitch, too, as I had apparently (sensibly IMO) set a limit of $5000 per transaction on the card. I called the number on the back of the card and we sorted things out.

No comments: