Sunday, December 16, 2007

I have a date!

We'll going in Wednesday for the retrieval, which means a Christmas Eve transfer. I'm not such a n00b as to believe in the magical power of dates in this situation (after being due on my deceased grandmother's birthday -- twice -- and miscarrying -- twice -- these things lose their magic). Simply knowing the schedule will help us try to plan family stuff; they've been very patient with us as we offered them nothing but portions of our own uncertainty.

As I watch the crowd of five kids trying to shovel 11 inches of snow off our entire street, I am glad we decided on a hotel room the night before retrieval over trying to get to the clinic an hour plus away by 7 a.m. in winter.

Hopefully by next week they'll be able to find my uterus again, so they have someplace to transfer to. It seemed to be off roadtripping this morning. Can't blame it: I'd be off in Lungdon or Handsylvania or Puertoe Rico myself, given the chance. Probably stay away from Assyria, though ... I heard a rumor someone's planning on shooting up the place.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Yeah!! Definitely a good idea on the hotel room, smart thinking

Good luck Wednesday!!!