Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tomorrow is another day

Shots begin again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to them. As I think I've said before (certainly to SF; less certainly here), the shots are actually my favorite time period in this whole messy process.

It feels like you're doing something. Things are growing. The things you're doing are actually helping the eggs along, unlike when you're hoping a maybe-fertilized egg will find the strength to implant. It's different from waiting.

The doctor said today he's adding Ganirelix, a medicine to suppress ovulation until we do the trigger stot, near the end of the course of Gonal-F. It seems I tend toward a premature LH surge. He says that's correctable, and that we're moving forward.

I have hope.

Keep moving forward.

For now, though, I will acquiesce to the cat on my arm and stop typing one-handed and scratch him.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I know what you mean. I'm not at the point of giving myself shots yet, but every time I take a Clomid/Femara pill, I feel sort of proud. One day down, a bunch more to go...