Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day 6 -- Gonal-F and Ganirelix

The Gonal-F injection went fine today; Ganirelix took three tries. The first two spots I tried hurt so much I yelled. Third place went in like a charm.

Good ultrasound results yesterday -- six "ladies," as my RE called them, all around 13-14 mm with good symmetry between ovaries (I think it was 2 and 4, but he called it good). We'll see him again on Friday and then trigger Friday or Saturday night. It could be interesting ... my parents, grandparents and in-laws will all be in town this weekend. We may have to send them out to dinner or something on Saturday if we trigger on Friday.

There was a time that would have left me mortified. The thing is, I completely lost my shame filter sometime around the time I lost track of how many transvaginal ultrasounds I've had. So if it comes down to a question of embarrassment about what we're leaving our families to go do or possibly wasting $2000 and another two months because I couldn't stand up for myself in an embarrassing situation ...

Well, let's just say that, for better or for worse, that's not much of a risk at this point.

p.s. Ganirelix sounds like a Star Wars character.

No comments: