Monday, June 18, 2007

The limits of the Internet

There is a lot of information on the Internet. Good and bad, right and wrong ... as a librarian, I spend a lot of time explaining to people what it's good for and what it isn't good for. Some things you just won't find on the web.

One of those things, in my experience, is whether or not your pregnancy will survive. I can find lots of information about spotting during pregnancy, and spotting from progesterone gel, and cramping from progesterone gel, and cramping and spotting in pregnancy, and conflicting information about whether each of those things is normal or a danger signal.

But nowhere out there have I found a page that says, "JF, your pregnancy will last" and gives me 20 reasons not to worry.

Al Gore, when you created the Internet, you should have made it clairvoyant.

No comments: