Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Ways to take your mind off TTC

SF and I spent the weekend in Toronto, where, as he said below, I actually managed not to obsess about whether or not we caught the egg this time around.

Instead, I was too concerned with how my entire head had become -- indeed, remains -- a snot factory. It's hard to think about anything below the neck when everything above the neck is taking so much energy to run. Bless the hotel worker who brought me a fresh box of Kleenex at 3 a.m. after I'd exhausted the first one blowing my nose for a solid hour (and also the husband who slept through it).

The only fertility-related concern I've had the past few days is to hope that my body doesn't decide it's going to put so much effort into snot production that it can't possibly support an embryo. I realize the physiology there is a little dodgy, but hey, all those parts are connected, right?

2 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Indeed--it is hard to concentrate on anything below the nose when the nose is demanding so much attention :-)

Hope you're feeling better soon. I just kicked a similar sounding cold a few days ago, so I write you in empathy.

JF said...

Thanks! I'm looking forward to breathing again sometime in the future ... lying down flat ... not daydreaming of nose tampons ... everybody has a dream.