Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh yeah, by the way ...

I called the nurse yesterday to request a Follistim prescription for this cycle. She looked at my charts, showed them to the doctor and called me back: she's willing to order the drug, but ... since the last cycle was "what we would call 'less than a perfect cycle,'" the doctor wants to make some changes ... which means an appointment.

Because I'm leaving Wednesday afternoon for a conference lasting the rest of the week, that means tomorrow morning. They fit us in, thank goodness, but here's what has me irked --

Nothing has changed in the past three weeks. At any time since it became clear we had "less than a perfect cycle," someone could have looked at the chart and said, "oh yeah, we should see them before they try to do the next thing we told them to do."

It didn't have to be so last-minute.

No comments: