Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More Good News

Today's ultrasound went well: strong heartbeat and appropriate growth. The doctor and JF said they could see limbs, though I couldn't really make them out. He also poked around a bit and found the cause of the spotting which has been driving us past our wits' end. The bad news is that it doesn't sound like it is likely to stop; the good news is that it doesn't seem to be a major problem, either.

After killing twenty minutes at the comic book store, we then had our first meeting with a nurse from the ob/gyn's office. She was very nice and reassuring in her manner, though she seemed distressingly unprepared to figure out how to make an IVF pregnancy fit into their computer system. She also was much more conservative than our RE on the subject of what JF is allowed to do activity-wise. (Sigh.)

I feel like my mood has shifted very noticeably in the last 24 hours or so. I think I may be ready for the return of hope and optimism.

No comments: