Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How do you know what's normal ...

... when normal isn't normal for you?

I'm having some abdominal pain today, 36 hours after the trigger shot, but I don't know whether that's to be expected with 6-8 eggs bursting out all at once. Called and left a message for the nurse but haven't heard back yet.

Work this morning is supposed to involve crawling around on the floor with a group of preschoolers. Since I can only bend gingerly at the waist, that's going to be ... interesting.

ETA: The nurse called back. Cramping is normal. It may last 2-3 weeks. If it gets bad, I should "cut back on my activity level."

Blargh.

2 comments:

Ann said...

One question: Why is your doctor moving ahead with the HCG shot when you have so many large follicles? Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't that put you at high risk for multiples?

Anonymous said...

I think he's concerned about the quality of my eggs, and he's trying to get a good one. We had 3-4 follicles last time, and he considered that a poor response.