Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fail

I flunked the short glucose challenge test on Friday so will be performing the long program on Thursday. It involves three days of a high carb diet, three hours of sitting in the blood lab, a triple salchow and sequins. Except the last part.

I probably shouldn't have been surprised that the levels came back elevated; after all, it's not like the insulin resistance part is actually a surprise. I'm just afraid it will make them tell me I can't have the fruit I've been going crazy for (or the summer fruits I've been craving -- I'm counting the days until they hit their seasons ... strawberries ... blueberries ... peaches ...)

2 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

OH, I keep dreaming of fruit salad...

I've been eating apples like crazy - but I want a big bowl of chopped up fruit! YUM!

Linlee said...

Oh fruit sounds soooo good right now.